- Establish an easy good-bye ritual, such as giving 3 hugs or reading 1 short story.
- Stick to your ritual.
- When you are ready to leave, let the teachers hold your child for you.
- If your child is upset when you leave, wait 10 minutes, then call the Play Center at (206) 232-4453. The teachers will report on how your child is doing. Most often, they will have settled down and are playing happily.
- If your child usually has a blanket or other security item, you are welcome to bring it along.
- If you child has difficulties separating, keep your ritual and drop-off time short.
During the first few weeks at Patti’s, sometimes the good-byes can be difficult. Please feel free to stay a few minutes with your child, and then let the teachers comfort them as needed. Here are some tips to ease separation anxiety: