This section is for Patti’s Play Center KIDS!
Ants on a Log
- 2 celery sticks
- Pairing knife
- Butter knife
- Cutting board
- Cream cheese or peanut butter
1. Wash the celery and use your paring knife to cut it into 4 pieces (about 5 inches long) on the cutting board.
2. Spread cream cheese or peanut butter on the celery sticks with your butter knife.
3. Add raisins and voila! You’ve got ants on a log.
- Cream cheese
- 2 slices of cold cuts
- 1 whole wheat wrap
- Butter knife
- Cutting board
- Chopsticks (optional)
1. Place your wrap on the cutting board.
2. Spread cream cheese on the wrap and then add your cold cuts.
3. Roll the stuffed wrap into a tight roll.
4. Cut the roll into 8-10 pieces (each piece should be about 2 inches wide).
5. Grab your chopsticks and chow down!
- Whole wheat pita
- Cheese slices
- Cherry tomatoes or tomato slices
- Microwave-safe plate
- Paring knife
1. Place your pita on the plate.
2. Add the cheese slices and tomatoes to the pita.
3. Put the plate inside the microwave and close it shut. Set it for 30 seconds. (Parents may need to help here)
4. Cut the pizza into 4 slices and it’s ready!
- Vanilla yogurt
- Mixed Fruit (strawberries, bananas, and berries)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Tall glass
1. Fill your glass about halfway with yogurt.
2. Fill the rest of your glass with mixed fruit.
3. Drizzle honey on top and use a tablespoon to mix everything together.
4. Add a handful of chocolate chips for a finishing touch and dig in!
CARAMEL APPLE DIP
- 1 – 8 ounce Package of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Package Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- Sliced Apples
Combine cream cheese and brown sugar; beat well. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well after each. Chill and serve with sliced apples. Enjoy!
- 1 Stick Butter or Margarine
- 1 Cup of Peanut Butter
- 1 lb Box Powdered Sugar
- 1 Large Box Crispix Cereal
- 12 oz Package Milk Chocolate Chips
Melt margarine, peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave on medium setting or on the stove top until completely melted. Stir well. Place one large box of Crispix cereal in a large pan and pour chocolate mixture over top and coat thoroughly. Place 1 lb box of powdered sugar in a grocery bag and put coated cereal in the bag. Shake until powdered sugar covers cereal mixture. Enjoy!
SANDWICH ON A STICK
- Lunch Meat
- Cherry Tomatoes
Cut up cubes of bread, cheese and lunch meat (we ordered ½-inch thick slices of ham and turkey at the deli counter). Slide the cubes of sandwich fixins onto a skewer. Set out a side of mayo or mustard for dippin.
APPLE LADYBUG TREATS
- 2 Red Apples
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 8 Thin Pretzel Sticks
Slice apples in half from top to bottom, and scoop out the cores using a knife or melon baller. If you have an apple corer, core them first, then slice. Place each apple half flat side down on a small plate.
Dab peanut butter on to the back of the ‘lady bug’, then stick raisins onto the dabs for spots. Use this method to make eyes too. Stick one end of each pretzel stick into a raisin, then press the other end into the apples to make antennae.